I had so much resistance to affirmations. I always had good intentions to write them out or say them. I found that I would write them out, put them on sticky notes and then not do anything with them, so nothing changed. Affirmations work through repetition and reprogramming the subconscious part of your mind where your paradigms are stored (that part of the mind that is stopping you from being the person that you really want to be and living the life you really want). My life has changed like night and day from being disciplined each day to write and say my affirmations.
We have a choice. Recognise this. Control your day. Do whatever it takes to get to the positive side of positivity. Learn how to discipline your mind to do this. Have your one go to thing that makes you feel good.
A few tips :
- Always affirm what you do want, not what you don’t want
- Affirmations work best when they are short and to the point. Write and rewrite your affirmations until you can express it in a short statement and well chosen words (in the positive and with feeling!!)
- Affirmations should be specific about the desired goal, but not about how to accomplish it (your subconscious knows the how)
- Say your affirmations with faith and conviction so that your subconscious mind becomes convinces of how important it is to you. As you say your affirmation to yourself, visualise it in your minds eye as a bill board
- Repetition mixed with emotion is crucial. By repeating your affirmation often your new way of thinking will begin to be your automatic response. Keep reinforcing it until it becomes second nature and your habit will become to think the new way.
(From Selling You, Napolean Hill)